Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week 8

Oh my, I cannot believe it has been eight weeks all ready! The summer really did fly by. Asenath are having so much fun here and I know both of us miss our families but are also not looking forward to leaving.

This week we started with a late day on Monday. We shadowed catering during the Orientation dinner and got an idea of what they do every do. The whole catering staff is so nice. I’ve had some experience with catering and I all ready really like it, so seeing it from a different level like a university reaffirmed that it might be something I would want to do later in life.

Tuesday was a lot of fun. Rob planned us a field trip to Farm 255. We got to help with their harvest and we were able to speak with one of the owners who gave us some really good insight on the subject of going local. I think it will help a lot with the direction of our project.

Wednesday we spent the day at the student learning center with half of the assistant managers. I really liked the activities and the movie about the deli in Ann Arbor. It gave me a really good idea of what good customer service actually is, and opened my eyes to how bad some establishments actually are. Kris thumbs up for the day! I think everyone was able to take something away from it.

Thursday we spent the day with Katherine. We got to see the cooking class offered here at UGA. I wish MSU had that; I’m jealous! Later in the day we observed and graded senior dietetic students on a presentation covering healthy eating for Freshmen College students. Katherine also took the time to give us some great insight and advice about our futures as dietitians. Thanks Again Katherine!

We were at the Summit on Friday preparing for the Freshmen College closing banquet. Using big vases for the centerpieces was a great idea until it came to actually arranging them all, but Janet and all the workers that helped us were so great and we got the job done relatively painless! I’m excited for Monday to see our work come together.

No comments: