Friday, July 30, 2010

Last week at UGA!

Hello everyone! This summer went by really fast. UGA has been a great experience for both Catherine and I. We worked with some great people and made lifetime friends. Is sad leaving everyone but I think my family and friends are ready to see me.

This Monday was our Freshmen College Closing Banquet, that we have been planning all summer. The decorations were beautiful and the food was great. Everyone really loved the food we choose, which was a relief. Overall the banquet went super! I'm glad that all our hard work and planning really showed.

On Tuesday and Wednesday Catherine and I took some time to finish our Tossing Greens project. We have been working on it all summer, but these two days gave us the chance to put some finishing touches. I think we covered all the questions that needed to be answered. We will present this on Thursday to Kris and the director of food services and the chefs.

Thursday is our last day at UGA. The staff had a going away party for us today. It was really nice, and it gave us a chance to say bye to everyone. Kris presented us with our NACUFS certificate for completing the internship. After the party it was time for us to present our Tossing Greens project. I started by presenting the power point and Catherine followed by presenting the pricing information on the local and organic produce. We came to a conclusion that UGA should use local produce in the Red Clay Cafe on campus. and we also presented some other suggestions. I really hope they use the information we gave them about going local.

Friday Catherine and I head back home :(

Thank you everyone for an awesome summer!

No comments: