Monday, June 9, 2008

It's Still HOT

The weather has still been very hot and humid with no rain in sight, I think I'm finally getting used to the idea of sweating when ever I walk outside; good thing everything is air conditioned! I've had a chance to interview alot of very interesting people;we had an opportunity to talk to a dietitian who was wonderful and was able to really give us great advice. She talked to us about her internship experience and what exactly it is she does at UGA. We also learned alot about how food service is run at UGA, they have won 60 Horton awards from NACUFS, a silver plate award and an Ivy award to name a few. They are definitely very proud of what they do and it definitely shows, everyone has been very nice and helpful. I'm really enjoying the food and the variety that they have to offer. Working with the staff has really helped Liza and I find some good things to include in our projects for the summer dealing with customer service which they do a very good job at. There is a lady in the Snelling dining hall who never forgets to ask us how we are doing and did we enjoy our meal; she really makes you smile.
Liza and I had a chance to check out downtown and see what Athens had to offer, so far so good. There is a lot to do like listening to poetry, taking salsa dancing lessons and listening to some of the local bands play. I'm really excited to see what the rest of the summer has in store, I feel like we've done so much already.
Cia

No comments: